Oct 16

Question by phxsunsfanaz: What do you do when you make Roth IRA contributions for a year in which your annual income exceeds the limits?
Let’s say a couple made Roth IRA contributions for 2005 in Feb 2005. In 2006, they realized that their 2005 income was much higher than they originally expected and exceeded the $ 160K limit for couples. What are the options available now to undo it?

Best answer:

Answer by ThaneTheBrain
You better talk to a tax person. If you’ve filed already, and took the deduction, then you’ll have to amend. But if you went to file and realized your mistake, they can help you back out your money.

What do you think? Answer below!

leave a reply

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Page Ranking Tool