Jul 30

I am currently contributing to my 401k plan at my present job. I don’t like the choices they give me and the brokerage plan charges $18 per trade and $100 a year maintenance fee. Can I continue to fund the 401k plan and transfer the moneys to a Roth IRA or similar plan at another brokerage?

2 comments so far...

  • newjerseyguy Said on July 30th, 2010 at 7:44 pm:

    According to http://www.401k.org, you cannot.

  • The Professor Said on July 30th, 2010 at 8:19 pm:

    No, you cannot.

    What you should do is get a group of employees together to complain to your human resources department. Explain why you think the choices in the current plan are not adequate and suggest changes they should make.

    Good luck.

leave a reply

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Page Ranking Tool