Apr 7

Now that we are reaching a critical mass of having a future of more people drawing it than paying in, wouldn’t it be a good way to keep the program from collapsing?
And they could enforce it by charging a huge tax penalty to anyone who opted out and did not invest in their retirement.

• Philip McCrevice Said on April 7th, 2010 at 4:36 pm:

I would do that!

• Kevin B Said on April 7th, 2010 at 5:19 pm:

I think people should have options. Period.

• grob Said on April 7th, 2010 at 5:44 pm:

Right. That would have worked so well over the past 3 years.

• Phil Said on April 7th, 2010 at 6:31 pm:

Yeah it sucks I have to do both. SS won’t be around for me in 30 years, i’m paying into something ill never be able to collect on.

• dnafairy Said on April 7th, 2010 at 7:07 pm:

Yes they should, but that won’t keep the program from collapsing.

• Liberal Hero Said on April 7th, 2010 at 7:51 pm:

Yes, but first I want all the money I’ve paid into it refunded back to me.

• Greg Said on April 7th, 2010 at 7:56 pm:

Social security is not a retirement account. It’s social insurance like wage replacement insurance.

• Call Me Bwana Said on April 7th, 2010 at 8:01 pm:

One would think that, based on the US Constitution, we would have the FREEDOM to make that decision for ourselves.

Actually, one would think that based on the 10th Amendment, the Social Security program would be considered unconstitutional.

• 3Black Said on April 7th, 2010 at 8:28 pm:

When Obama gets through with all his stupid ”BAILOUTS” there wont be anything left anyway.

• Shuthrower Said on April 7th, 2010 at 9:02 pm:

First of all you don’t invest in your 401K or IRA. You take your 401K and/or IRA or both and invest those in the investment vehicle of your choice. The republicans would love to see us take those accounts and put them in their friends accounts on Wall Street. Do you honestly feel that placing your hard-earned money to the whims of those so-called masters of the universe is going to make you sleep soundly at night? You don’t have to look back too far to see how well they take of their clients.