Mar 11

A little while ago I opened an account with E-trade, but I’ve been hearing a lot about their potential bankruptcy. As far as I can remember my money are going to be insured since I am only investing $2,450, but I am weary of a company that might start to perform poorly. Does anybody have anything to say about any company that has low fees on their IRAs? Is there any way for me to transfer roth ira to another online brokerage firm?…Thanks a lot!

• googie Said on March 11th, 2010 at 4:43 pm:

Find a very reputable broker in any investment house which has a good reputation, see if he is a producer, find who some of his clients are and get their opinion. You have to have trust in the person advising you how and where to invest and you should meet him face to face. Fortunately, our son is a Senior VP in an investment firm and we have entrusted considerable funds in his care. There is the possibility that whatever is there he will be getting 1/3rd. That has to be some incentive although, financially he is doing better than his parents ever did.

• jeff410 Said on March 11th, 2010 at 5:19 pm:

Vanguard or T. Rowe Price

• trader Said on March 11th, 2010 at 5:42 pm:

I use TD Ameritrade for my Roth IRA, IRA and brokerage trading. Trades are only $10. There may be a transfer fee accessed by E-Trade to make the transfer. Ameritrade may have some incentives for opening a new account which may balance things out.

• rcjr65 Said on March 11th, 2010 at 5:55 pm:

im a financial adviser i can help you. e-mail me if you are interested

• UppityWench Said on March 11th, 2010 at 6:30 pm:

Hey Apple!

Don’t ask us … some of us have personal agendas … ask yourself AFTER you read the information available @ http://www.money-and-investing.com/

In the center of the main page is a section on “Online Investing Basics” … there you will find their 2008 Review of the top online brokerages. The reviews include information on fees, etc. Typically a brokerage will charge you a “transfer fee” when you take your funds elsewhere. On how to make that transfer … simply call the brokerage house you chose, and they will be more than delighted to help as you move your money from their competition.

BTW, your money in a regular brokerage account holding stocks is not insured by the FDIC. E-trade is experiencing problems … take a look at their stock price over the past year. That is all I’ll say about that. Pick a solid house. I use Fidelity, but have used others over the years: Schwab, Ameritrade. Fidelity is not the cheapest per trade unless you make enough trades to qualify for Active TraderPro status. Anyway, I just like their research tools. Plus Fideltiy does not charge for an IRA account IF you invest in Fidelity funds … if you invest in other funds or stocks, you will be charged a trade fee, but zero fee for managing your account.

I wish you luck!
    Uppity Wench

• The Chosen One Said on March 11th, 2010 at 6:58 pm:

Pick the best stock broker, one with low fees.., it took me some time to see that most of my gains were lost to the fees i paid to actually buy stock and sell it, i suggest zecco, they were recently given a great review by wall streets “smart money”, and are the ONLY ones who offer free stock trades.

• Theodore B Said on March 11th, 2010 at 7:36 pm:

I currently have an account with Firstrade http://www.firstrade.com/. They’re service is great. I would definitely recommend them to you. They offer no-fee IRAs. There are no setup fees, no maintenance or inactivity fees, and no termination fees. For more information, check out their website: http://www.firstrade.com/public/en_us/retirement/.

• Jennifer Said on March 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm:

Hi,
    I used “Credit Solution” to settle my debt and avoid bankruptcy.They managed to reduce my debt up to 58%.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:

• googie 2 Said on March 12th, 2010 at 9:14 pm:

Our son is the actual president of a very prominent investing house, not some lowly VP. He makes at least 2 million each year. He makes a profit every time he buys, sells, or trades a stock. His clients, well that is another story…ha ha ha!

• admin Said on March 12th, 2010 at 9:45 pm: