Feb 18

I am going to be getting out of my job in February and I need to lower my amount that I put into the investing each month. Do I just talk to my financial planner and he can take care of that. Or anre there penalization fees? I just need to lower it for a while until I get a different job or get some other similar income. Ive done this through First Command, and they been investing my money through Pioneer Investments and Franklin templeton.

2 comments so far...

  • mojave_explorer2k Said on February 18th, 2010 at 10:17 pm:

    You can lower or stop your contributions without any penalties. You only pay extra taxes or penalties for early with-drawls made before you are 59 1/2. Hope this is helpful.

  • MuddvilleNine Said on February 18th, 2010 at 11:14 pm:

    If you can’t do it online through your online account you’ll have to meet with your broker. Most of these companies want it in writing with your signature about any allocation/contribution changes.

leave a reply

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Page Ranking Tool