Nov 27

I have a traditional IRA which contains TIPS (treasury inflated protected securities). How do I calculate taxes when converting the IRA to a Roth IRA?

one comment so far...

  • Robert B Said on November 27th, 2009 at 7:33 pm:

    TIPS has nothing to do with it. You are converting dollars put away before paying taxes to dollars put away after you pay taxes. Figure out your tax rate and multiply by the amount in the IRA. Can get gruesome. Why convert??? Your tax impact should be less when you retire and you withdraw your money at 70 and 1/2.

leave a reply

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Page Ranking Tool