Nov 29

Can you contribute to the traditional ira and claim deductions incase you worked part of the year for the employer that has retirement plan and you contributed to 401K?
Considerting that you were employed for rest of the year.

Did not get any clear answer after lot os searching. Any ideas?

2 comments so far...

  • Richard M Said on November 29th, 2009 at 8:55 pm:

    If you were covered by a retirement plan at work, then you can take a full deduction for a Traditional IRA if your modified AGI is:

    $52,000 or less (single)
    $83,000 or less (married jointly)

    Phaseout provisions occur over these thresholds.

  • v b Said on November 29th, 2009 at 9:37 pm:

    You need to do the worksheets in publication 590.

    The fact that you were covered by the 401K in the rest of the year (whether you contributed or not) affects your ability to deduct for an IRA even if you weren’t covered for the first part of the year.

leave a reply

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Page Ranking Tool